Making homemade lube is a natural and inexpensive way to add wetness to the bedroom. Problems with store-bought lube are they are full of chemicals; you do not want to put near your sensitive areas. Some personal lubes consist of petrochemicals the same ingredient you’ll find in antifreeze.
If you’re buying lube avoid products that have propylene glycol, paraben, and synthetic fragrances. However, there are great products that are made from all natural ingredients but, if you don’t want to spend the extra bucks on these lubes, you can always make your own.
Read the Best Fleshlight for masturbation.
Coconut oil is a natural lubricant and is very popular, with anti-fungal properties. For a lube, it hardens up in cold areas, and you must warm it up before use. Also, the oil in this product is not compatible with latex this degrades condoms and silicone sex toys.
When it comes to the pH level in coconut oil, it can affect the natural pH level in a woman’s vagina. This can be beneficial to some women who suffer from fluctuating pH levels. But, it can affect those women prone to infection, not to mention, it can get very messy.
Potato Starch and Water Natural Lube
Ingredients: Organic potato starch and water.
- Pour one cup of water in a bowl and add three tsp of potato starch.
- Whisk until the potato starch is completely dissolved.
- Put a saucepan on the stove and put it on low heat.
- Add the mixture and constantly whisk then, slowly increase the heat.
- When the mixture thickens and becomes the consistency of lube, remove it from the fire and let it cool.
- When it’s cool, you can add some of your favorite essential oils.
- Make sure your essential oils can use internally.
- Stir the essential oils in and transfer your lube into a jar.
- Always keep at room temperature.
Flax Seed And Water-Homemade Lube
What you will need: 2 cups of water, 2.5 tbsp of flax seed.
- Put two cups of water in a pot on the stove and bring it to a boil.
- Then, place the 2.5 tbsp of flax seed and bring the mixture to a shimmer.
- This takes 20 minutes.
- Remove the flax seed and let it cool.
- Store it in the refrigerator so it can last longer.
- This DIY lube is condom safe to use since it’s a water-based lube.
- Remember not to use any oils if you are using a condom as it damages latex.
Aloe Vera Oil
Aloe is slippery and gentle to use on every skin types and safe to use in your vagina.
Items needed: Aloe Vera leaf, cold water.
- Cut the Aloe Vera leaf and open it up.
- Take a spoon and scrape the jello out.
- Place the jelly in a strainer.
- Take the cold water and pour it over the strainer with the jelly. Use a bowl to collect the mixture.
- Then, use a spoon to mixture around the jelly so that the gel can flow through the strainer into a second bowl.
- Store the Aloe Vera gel into a container.
All these DIY lube is safe to use and does not take up too much time at all; however, make sure you don’t add essential oils to your lube if you are using condoms. Also, avoid using lube with oils on silicone toys.